Joel Plaskett - Jimmie's Still Jimmie (2011)



Lyrics:

Jimmie's still Jimmie and I'm still me
But I'm tired of working for your company
Want to move on but my heart's in traction
Tongue-tied bar talk, no more action

Silence is golden unless of course your lonely
If jealousy is ugly then i'm looking pretty homely
The lights are getting brighter but the stage is getting darker
Words on paper in a permanent marker
((this line i could never figure out))
Remote control channel changing undecided numbf***
Lost for the language while the real world beckons
Can I have your attention for just forty five seconds?

(Chorus)
Knock me unconscious (Ooh la la la, la la la la)
Remove my conscience (Ooh la la la, la la la la)
Wake me up later (Ooh la la la la)
And let me go home

The city's gonna sprawl and the vines are gonna climb
Guess I got to make the call on my own damn dime
Changing up the season, changing up perception
Look in the phone book and see my reflection
I put all my friends in a hot pressure cooker
I like to play pool but i won't play snooker
I don't got the patience to wait for the payoff
I think I'm in the ball park (no man you're way off)

(Chorus)

Hoping for the best, imagining the worst
If laughs were water I would be dying of thirst
Time to get home to call of the hunt
Say, "Alright boys let's go get drunk!"

Stuck in the dark in a power outage daydream
Trying to make it right but i'm stuck inside a rhyme scheme
wanna break my habit, think that i can do it
5 6 7 8 Baby I blew it

(Chorus)

Shake and shimmy (Ooh la la la, la la la la)
Because Jimmie's still jimmie (Ooh la la la, la la la la)
Flip the record over (Ooh la la la, la la la la)
Spin me, oh spin me (ooh la la la la)
And let me go home!!!

Message

PLEASE GO TO HOME PAGE TO BROWSE LATEST ROCK SINGLES. ENJOY HERE STAY HERE. THANKS!!